Friday

"Remember When It Rained" by Josh Groban from Closer

"Oooo… Remember when it rained…"

Uh, okay. I happen to like rain, particularly when it's not frigid.

I think the biggest issue for me the song's too calming for me, so I struggle to get the emotional context. The song does lament someone's passing… and stays there…

Okay, so you're upset and wallowing in mud as you intentionally lose yourself in memories of someone you miss. I don't exactly have much sympathy.

Josh Groban does have a pleasing voice that well matches the likewise better-than-average music. "Remember When It Rained" is based on piano and vocals with a bit of what I think is a string instrument. A few other instruments come in, but it's all tasteful. Nothing "feels" out of place, even if it doesn't "feel" surprisingly good. I think this song would qualify as "easy listening."

I can hear why some people like him so much, and I'd willingly look into more songs by him, but I prefer lyrics with a bit more meat, thanks.


Lyrics: 3/5
Music: 4/5
Vocal(s): 4/5
Overall: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment