Wednesday

"Lips of an Angel" by Hinder from Extreme Behavior

I used to think I liked this song a little… before I paid attention to the lyrics.

It's the guy's side of a phone conversation with an ex-girlfriend or a woman he wished could be his girlfriend, but she's evidently married or in some other situation that makes them unable to be each others' significant other at this time. Evidently they "never really moved on".

"Does he know you're calling me? Will it start a fight? No, I don't think she has a clue" concisely embodies what I dislike about this song. I'm sure this kind of thing happens, but the implicit deceit and lack of faithfulness makes me dislike it. The man does ask "Honey, why you calling me so late?" but "I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud. My girl's in the next room; sometimes I wish she was you."

There is no swearing or any of that, and they do apparently stay faithful in action if not in heart to their respective partners. But it's that unfaithful at heart that's the issue, here. And evidently, that's mild for Hinder, as their other single title "Get Stoned" suggests.

Austin Winkler's vocals are soothing. Not good, not bad, but soothing. And those are the best part about this song. The music is stock, the only personality to it being the usual band imitation. It's tolerable, but really… Can't radio stations find something better to play?

Hm… Hinder's "Lips of an Angel" or Evanescence's "My Immortal"… Hard choice.

Not.


Lyrics: 2/5
Music: 3/5
Vocal(s): 3/5
Overall: 5/10

2 comments:

  1. wow, you have issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that finding certain behavior offensive consituted having issues, since everyone has behaviors s/he finds offensive.

    One of my primary purposes is to point out potentially offensive content. If you wish to discuss this matter, you could be clearer than merely tossing a statement of surprise at me.

    Telling me why you think I "have issues" would be much more conducive to resolving any issues that exist.

    ReplyDelete