Friday

"I Wanna Have Your Babies" by Natasha Bedingfield from N.B.

My eyes widen as I'm tempted to laugh. I've seen better effects in fanvids than what this music video possesses.

Add the stock music (that apparently steals the melody from someone else) to the music video, and you get something that would be laughable even without the lyrics. It's not that "I Wanna Have Your Babies" is meant to be a silly song, per se—Natasha Bedingfield merely expresses her desire to settle down, marry, and have children in a half-laughing manner.

"Some of my feelings keep escaping, so I make it a joke" probably expresses this song the best. She's taken her serious wish for children and a man and morphed it into a big joke. "I Wanna Have Your Babies" laughs at her longing that would "scare [the man]". I find Natasha Bedingfield's ability to laugh at herself admirable, but the resulting song just makes me wince.

Her voice isn't at it's best in this song, either, with the stock hip-hop music.

In short, it's a song that's more "ouch" funny than "ha-ha" funny. Somehow, I don't think that's what she intended to create. I hope this isn't indicative of the rest of N.B.


Lyrics: 2/5
Music: 2/5
Vocal(s): 3/5
Overall: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment