Monday

"Take Me Away" by Fefe Dobson from Fefe Dobson

Ooo, a song with the narrator lamenting that people are so intolerant, and they need to flee with their love to avoid the gossips. No, that's not cliché one bit. (Am I the only one getting a flashback of Evanescence's "Anywhere"?)

That's not to say that you won't find yourself singing along to some of it after listening to it once, and maybe you'll want to hear it again. "Take me away; take me far away from here" echoes all of our desires, sometimes, I'm sure, when we just wish we could pack up and leave… something. A relationship, a situation, an illness; a homework assignment. So, despite the cliché, "Take Me Away" pulls it off decently, keeping it out of the downright "avoid" list.

I don't think Fefe Dobson's the best singer, but she's not bad. She's just… normal, as far as I can hear. It suits her chosen genre of music, at least: pop beats. I don't mind a touch of synthesis of music, but a song needs more than only beats to really make the music memorable.

Overall, "Take Me Away" isn't bad, at least. Enjoy Fefe Dobson's pop.


Lyrics: 3/5
Music: 3/5
Vocal(s): 3/5
Overall: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment