Monday

"My Sacrifice" by Creed from Weathered

"I just want to say hello again…"

Before… what? Sounds like you died. You can say "hi" when dead… how?

Creed's oddly popular in Christian circles. I guess it is better quality than Christian rock in general, but… Creed isn't a Christian band. They use Christian allusions, true, but the band isn't Christian.

Maybe it's just the bands I tend to listen to, but it seems like guy singers prefer guitar-based rock, gals piano-based. The guitar-based music is better than some, but it doesn't sound anything special.

Um, have you tried opening your mouth? The singer has an average voice, demonstrating an average slur as he sings his not-so-average tribute to friendship and the sacrifices of 9/11 heroes.

Lyricwise, it's refreshing to hear about the strength of a non-romantic friendship. Unfortunately, it doesn't feel very fluid. Maybe it's me, but that's my impression of it, at any rate.

It's an okay song. I don't mind it; not that I particularly like it, either.


Lyrics: 4/5
Music: 3/5
Vocal(s): 3/5
Overall: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment