Tuesday

"All Around Me" by Flyleaf from Flyleaf

"I can feel You all around me…"

Say what? A Christian metal band? Yep.

Unfortunately, this song in particular suffers from that one complaint many Christians have about "Christian" bands: it doesn't point-blank mention God. Still, that's not a particular habit of Flyleaf, and the details and imagery of "All Around Me" obviously speak of an omnipresent being surrounded by angels and white light.

What this song does have is Flyleaf's continued insistence that being alive is a good thing. "I'm alive! I'm alive!" with a "heart that's healing" and "healed".

At any rate, while "All Around Me" may not be the best lyricwise that Flyleaf has produced, I think it's the best I've heard from them for music and vocals. Both meld smoothly and well-accentuate the lyrics. I can easily think them top of the post-grunge music genre.

For a debut album, I'd say Flyleaf's done pretty well to have this as their third single.


Lyrics: 4/5
Music: 5/5
Vocal(s): 5/5
Overall: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment