Friday

"The Truth about Ninjas" by SJ "Sooj" Tucker from Mischief

I just so happened to have this album playing in the background while I was working on a freelance assignment, the other day. This song came up, and by the time I'd reached the "I must restrain my urges to…" line, I'd made a mental note to refer my best friend to this ode to the invulnerability of ninjas.

…Then I heard that line in its entirety: "I must restrain my urges to run naked through my yard" (emphasis mine).

O_O Wot?!

And it continues with why the ninja in question can't simply give into her urge, for her "career would shrivel up and die", but how fun it would be! (And there's a damn in there, to express just how much fun.) Beyond the unnecessary curse, it's an amusing little ditty that jokes about getting naked just to see the neighbors' reactions.

Music-wise, the music is pretty much quick guitar that varies with what's being sung. It's a parody song, and the focus is the lyrics. The changing music, varying tempo, and singer's vocals were obviously built around the lyrics. It wouldn't necessarily be easy to modify this one to make it parody something else, which is nice.

SJ "Sooj" Tucker, singer and song writer, obviously knows what she's doing.

Overall, if you don't mind one cuss and you like ninjas, you'll likely enjoy this song. As of this writing, you can listen to this song on Sooj's website.


Lyrics: *3/5
Music: 4/5
Vocal(s): 4/5
Overall: *7/10

*This song contains one misuse of damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment